Pender Park – 50 & 27
The Pender Park 50/27 ride originates at Pender Park near Burgaw, NC and offers riders distances of 27 or 50 miles. Both routes meander through the Pender County country side and along slightly traveled country roads.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at Pender Park.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +20 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 17-20 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-17 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
CFC is now using Ride with GPS Maps for it's rides maps.
Maps for this ride can be found at CFC Maps in the Route Library.
For reference, prior maps can be found at the links below. There may be differences between historic maps and the new Ride with GPS Maps. The ride leader will follow the Ride with GPS maps.
- Q-Sheet: Pender Park 50 27
- GPX: Pender Park 50 GPX Pender Park 27 GPX
- TCX: Pender Park 50 TCX Pender Park 27 TCX
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.