Holly Shelter Gravel
The Holly Shelter Gravel ride is an out and back of ride of various distances through the Holly Shelter game. Depending up the group of riders and the ride leaders judgment, the ride length can vary. 20 miles isn’t unusual and longer distances are certainly possible. Bring your gravel bike, mountain bike or maybe even your fat tire bike and enjoy a fun ride.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- This ride does not have a map. The ride leader will lead the way for the group.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “CFC-Gravel-Riders” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available near the US 17 Lodge Rd. entrance in a parking lot associated with the Topsail Baptist Church.
The ride leader will discuss pace with the group prior to departure. It’s expected that the group will remain together throughout the ride.
- A ride map isn’t available for this ride.
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.