35th Anniversary Special Event
Cape Fear Cyclists has been caring for a section of River Road as part of NCDOT’s Adopt-A-Highway program since 1988. Our first "clean-up in 2023 will begin the Clubs 35th Adopt-A-Highway Anniversary. Cape Fear Cyclists have participated with NCDOT’s Adopt-A-Highway program longer than any other organization in the Cape Fear Region.. To commemorate this remarkable milestone, NCDOT will recognize the Club at the "Clean-Up" which will also be part of NCDOT's biannual "Litter Sweep". Please plan on joining the celebration and please show your CFC colors by wearing your CFC gear/jersey.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at River Road Park located at 6500 River Road.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +18 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 16-17 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-15 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
The post pick up ride varies depending upon the groups preference but is typically and out and back ride from River Road Park to the Ft. Fisher boat ramp or ferry terminal.
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.