Halyburton Park to Ft. Fischer
Ride Description: For those that are not able to join this popular weekday morning ride, come join this Saturday opportunity to ride this 44 mile ride from Halyburton Park to Ft. Fischer and back. The ride originates in Halyburton park and leaves the park at the west gate to George Anderson Dr., weaves through Echo Farms and down Independence Blvd. Before connecting to River Road on the way to Carolina Beach and Fort Fisher. Take the time to breath in the salt air before starting the return route.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the temperature at start time is below 32 degrees or there is steady rain, the ride will be canceled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Saturday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at Halyburton Park.
The ride offers opportunity for various pace groups. A Group (fast) riders typically average +18 mph. B Group (strong) riders typically average 16-17 mph. C Group (moderate) riders average 14-15 mph. If the ride allows there will be a D Group (leisurely) average below 14 mph with a no drop policy. Because rider safety is the top priority, the ride leader will discuss pace groups in advance of the ride.
- CFC now uses Ride with GPS for ride maps which can be found at:CFC Ride with GPS Maps
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.