The 34 mile route weaves through the neighborhood roads between the intercoastal waterway and US-17, avoiding heavy traffic along Hwy. 17. Based upon ride leader and group approval, additional mileage can be increased by adding loops.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- This ride is conducted under the Cape Fear Cyclists COVID ride rules, please review prior to the ride and follow them
- Please sign the new CFC liability waiver and bring it to the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Tuesday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at the start location in the Lowes Foods parking lot. Please park away from the store entrance on the north side of the building.
The Sloop Point Ride is suited for riders of all skill levels. The ride leader will discuss pace groups prior to the ride.
Cape Fear Cyclists uses Ride with GPS for it's ride maps. The Club page can be found here: CFC Ride with GPS
The ride map for this ride is located here: Sloop Point Map
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.