Halyburton Park to Ashley HS
Ride Description: Come join this 32 mile ride from Halyburton Park to Ashley High School that leaves the park on George Anderson and meanders through quiet neighborhoods to Myrtle Grove Road and onto Ashley Highschool. From Ashley High School the route includes River Road, Independence Blvd., and a loop through Echo Farms on the way back to Halyburton/St. Andrew.
Ride Instructions & Rules:
- A copy of the new CFC liability waiver will be available to sign at the ride.
- If you need a ride map, please print out the ride map and bring it to the ride.
- Please arrive to the ride start location at least 15 minutes prior to the ride start time.
- Please visit www.capefearcyclists.org and review CFC ride policies.
- If the forecast includes temperatures below 38 F, wind chill down to 32 F, or rain/wet roads at the start time, the ride will be cancelled.
- We currently use the SLACK app to provide up-to-the-minute ride changes and weather info. CLICK HERE to get started. https://capefearcyclists.slack.com
- Monitor the CFC Slack channel “Thursday-am-ride-schedule” before the ride for last minute ride information or cancelation.
Parking is available at Halyburton Park.
From time to time riders split into 2 groups. But, we regroup at the 10.8 mile mark at the Veterinary Clinic located on Navaho Trail, again at the McDonalds rest stop/coffee break near Ashley High School, and one final time at River Front Place. This is a “no one left behind” ride.
- Q-Sheet: Halyburton-AshleyHS
- GPX: Halyburton-AshleyHS GPX
- TCX: Halyburton-AshleyHS TCX
First time riders are welcome. If you enjoy the experience, pick up a membership from at your local bike shop or visit www.capefearcyclists.org for instructions on joining the club. Membership not only supports the club and cycling advocacy, it extends insurance coverage to you on club rides.